Friday, February 13, 2009

February Devotional


February
“Unconditional Love”

There are many things I’ve learned about dogs since acquiring Domino. One of them is their amazing ability to give unconditional love. I may be tired – not in the mood to play or do much with Domino, but he always shows his love for me. He does this with doggie love licks, his adoring eyes, and the wagging of his big, bushy black tail. There is no doubt in my mind of his love for me. Interestingly, he is usually the first one to show the love, and I follow along after his example. Even when I’m tired, Domino’s love for me revitalizes me and fills my heart with such wondrous love.

God was very smart to create dogs.

A moment of wonder: I should never forget the unconditional love the Father shows for me day-by-day, hour-by-hour, and even minute-by-minute. He provided the supreme sacrifice by the giving of his Son so that I may experience eternal life. Now that is love!

Meditate on: LOVE

Scripture: I Corinthians 13:13
“And three things remain…love, hope, and faith…and the greatest of these is love…”

No comments: