Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thank You


Domino depends on me for everything: food, water, shelter, and health care. Everything he receives comes from me. I believe that because I have committed to having Domino, I must see to the very best of his welfare. In the book of Genesis, we are instructed to have "dominion" over the animals. To me, this means we are to be good stewards of and for the animals. This includes little Domino! Rest assured, he receives only the very best from me!


While Domino cannot speak words of thanks, I receive gestures of thanks in the form of a loving, affectionate animal -- and more often with licks of love and gratitude. Oh, yes! It's very clear to me that Domino is expressing gratitude.


Likewise, everything I have, everything I will ever have, comes from God. I depend on Him for everything I need, and He faithfully supplies my every need. Rest assured, I receive only the very best from Him!


A Moment of Wonder

Although I do not take for granted the life I have, I admit I am occasionally remiss for not giving enough thanks to God. I am good at asking for things, but am I as good at returning thanks? He takes care of all my needs, and provides for me on a daily basis. May I be more mindful of the blessings He has bestowed upon me.


Meditate on: Gratitude


Scripture: Psalm 92:1

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD."


4 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I am happy to visit your librarian blog. I'm doing a readathon this weekend. It started at 7 am today and will end tomorrow at the same time. I am not sure I can stay awake all those hours, but, if I can, I hope to read through them.

Terry Lee said...

awww. sweet doggie you got there! what a precious pup!

thanks for taking such wonderful care of him. i know he's thankful and so are we.

love you,
terry lee

SarahBowie said...

Your green color scheme is lovely with the Domino photo!

Library Lady said...

Thanks, Sarah! I liked the combination, too. Domino is an extremely beautiful creature. But I especially like the green backgrounds.