Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December: Blessings to You & Yours


Dear Gentle Readers:

This entry actually comes from the Domino Calendar I created in 2008 to give as Christmas gifts. The calendar was wildly successful, and so I share the December 2008 page with you at this time.

Christmas is for most people a time of being together with family and friends; the sharing of special meals; the observance of familiar traditions; and perhaps a time for the exchanging of gifts. It will be no different for Domino and me as we make our travel plans to be with family members. My sister’s dressing somehow is imprinted on my taste buds and I can hardly wait for the delectable feast she conjures up at the holiday time.

It is also at this time of year that our thoughts turn to the blessings in our lives. I would like to share some of mine at this time and I encourage you to do the same. As the old saying goes, “Get rich quickly. Count your blessings!”

A Moment of Wonder: I share with you my blessings – knowing each of you are a part of those blessings.

2009 has been "A Year of Blessings"

God’s providence in my life
(enough food, clothing, transportation, and adequate housing)
Family, Friends
Domino
A job that is rewarding and challenging
Good health and adequate health care
A church home and family whereby I may worship and fellowship

Domino and I wish you a very
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Meditate on: Family & Friends
Scripture: Philippians 1:3
“I thank my God for every remembrance of you.”

2 comments:

Terry Lee said...

we're all looking forward to your holiday visit!

great post.

love and hugs,
terry lee

Katie McB. said...

You are a Blessing to me. Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I look forward to seeing more Domino pics!
Katie